Margolin House of Science (“Beit Margolin”) at Oranim Academic College of Education was established in 1947 following the passing of the naturalist and science teacher Yehoshua Margolin.
Margolin believed that the knowledge of nature is the best way to link the society to their land. For that purpose, Margolin established the first zoological collection in Israel, and travelled along Israel to collect specimens, to train school and kindergarten teachers, teach children and develop their love to nature.
Margolin’s goal was to establish a Biological- Pedagogical Institute in Jezreel Valley, similar to the one he established in Tel Aviv. He selected the forested area of Tel Alexander as a perfect location to construct the new campus for biological studies.
On October 10th, 1947, a month after his funeral, opposite to his grave, the cornerstone for Margolin House of Science was established at Tel Alexander. Following Margolin’s testament the biological collections were split between the Biological- Pedagogical Institute of Tel Aviv and Margolin House of Science (Oranim Academic College of Education).